This program can rename large amounts of files and folders in few clicks. It only modifies files/folders names:
- Changing extension
- Replacing character strings by others
- Inserting a character string
- Moving characters
- Deleting several characters
- Name creation with mp3’s Tag (ID v1.1)
- Name creation with file’s last modified date and time
- Random names creation
- Case change (uppercase, lowercase, first letter of each word in uppercase, …)
- Take names from a list/file
- Use of EXIF info
- Regular expressions
Availble in several languages: English (default), Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (simplified & traditional), Croatian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish.
Unicode file names are supported, so it is possible to rename without problems files that have names containing characters from Japanese, Chinese, Arab, etc.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Tested successfuly under various Windows versions, from 98 (with a few updated system files) and NT4 (SP4 required) up to current ones (Windows 10 included).
Known bugs and limits
- Unicode is supported only on NT systems (Windows NT4, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 and equivalent server versions)
- However, the translation of user interface works only if the language defined in Windows regional settings uses the same character set as the language selected in the program
- Since version 2.04 the program does not start on Windows 95, it seems to be caused by a missing function on this system
- In the “Use date & time” action, if you use a long date format (with day or month in letters, like “December” in English), it will fail for days or months that have special characters in their name (like “Décembre” in French); this bug will be corrected some day