A program that calculates checksums and hashes of files, compares the contents of files using an algorithm specified by the user, verifying and generating checksum files (.md5, .sha1, .sha256 and others), calculating checksums of the given text.
PS Hash is a program that calculates checksums and hashes of files and given text.
The program supports 30 hashing algorithms, among others MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, the SHA-3 algorithm family.
To facilitate the use of the program, the interface has been divided into thematic modules displayed on separate tabs.
The most important features
- Calculation of checksums and hashes of selected files.
- Log all calculated values with the possibility to copy data to the clipboard and save to a text file.
- Comparing the contents of two files based on a user-defined algorithm.
- Comparing the calculated checksum / hash value with the checksum / hash value provided by the user.
- Data verification based on .sfv, .md5, .sha1, .sha256, .sha512 checksum files and many other.
- Generating files with checksums / hashes of selected files and directories.
- Calculation of checksums of user-supplied text.
- Integration (optional) with the system shell. The program can be associated with checksum files (.md5, .sha1, .sha256 etc.).
The program also allows you to add commands that generate checksum files to the context menu of directories available from the Explorer.
- Displaying a list of running processes and modules (libraries) used by these processes with the possibility of calculating the checksum / hash of each (not protected by the system) displayed file.
- You can check the displayed files on TotalVirus.com, as well as search the names of the displayed files on Goolge and DuckDuckGo.
- The program is portable and does not require installation of any additional libraries, runtime environments, frameworks, etc. Only one INI file located in the directory with the program executable file is used to save the settings. If you do not use (optional) integration with the system shell, you can safely move program files to another directory, computer and run it from a new location.
- Possibility of program automation thanks to support of options passed on the command line. The full list is available by pressing Ctrl + F9.
- Built-in multi-language support mechanism based on INI files with UTF-8 encoding. To write subsequent language versions, an ordinary text editor is sufficient, e.g. the system Notepad.
- This program is completely free. You can use it without any restrictions, also for commercial purposes. There are no limitations, adware, spyware.