Qalculate! is a multi-purpose cross-platform desktop calculator. It is simple to use but provides power and versatility normally reserved for complicated math packages, as well as useful tools for everyday needs (such as currency conversion and percent calculation). Features include a large library of customizable functions, unit calculations and conversion, physical constants, symbolic calculations (including integrals and quations), arbitrary precision, uncertainty propagation, interval arithmetic, plotting, and a user-friendly interface (GTK+ and CLI).
Qalculate! is free software, licensed under the GNU Public License v2 (or later).
- Calculation and parsing:
- Basic operations and operators: + – * / mod ^ E () && || ! < > >= <= != ~ & | << >> xorFault-tolerant parsing of strings: log 5 / 2 .5 (3) + (2( 3 +5 = ln(5) / (2.5 * 3) + 2 * (3 + 5)Expressions may contain any combination of numbers, functions, units, variables, vectors and matrices, and datesSupports complex and infinite numbersPropagation of uncertaintyInterval arithmeticSupports all common number bases, as well as negative and non-integer radices, sexagesimal numbers, time format, and roman numeralsAbility to disable functions, variables, units or unknown variables for less confusion: e.g. when you do not want (a+b)^2 to mean (are+barn)^2 but (“a”+”b”)^2Customizable implicit multiplicationMatrices and vectors, and related operations (determinants etc.)Verbose error messagesArbitrary precisionRPN mode
- Supports all common number bases, as well as negative and non-integer radices, sexagesimal numbers, time format, and roman numeralsMany customization options: precision, max/min decimals, complex form, multiplication sign, etc.Exact or approximate: sqrt(32) returns 4 * sqrt(2) or 5.66Simple and mixed fractions: 4 / 6 * 2 = 1.333… = 4/3 = 1 + 1/3
- E.g. (x + y)^2 = x^2 + 2xy + y^2; 4 “apples” + 3 “oranges”Factorization and simplificationDifferentiation and integrationCan solve most equations and inequalitiesCustomizable assumptions give different results (e.g. ln(2x) = ln(2) + ln(x) if x is assumed positive)
- Hundreds of flexible functions: trigonometry, exponents and logarithms, combinatorics, geometry, calculus, statistics, finance, time and date, etc.Can easily be created, edit and saved to a standard XML file
- Supports all SI units and prefixes (including binary), as well as imperial and other unit systemsAutomatic conversion: ft + yd + m = 2.2192 mExplicit conversion: 5 m/s to mi/h = 11.18 miles/hourSmart conversion: automatically converts 5 kg*m/s^2 to 5 NCurrency conversion with retrieval of daily exchange ratesDifferent name forms: abbreviation, singular, plural (m, meter, meters)Can easily be created, edited and saved to a standard XML file
- Basic constants: pi, e, etc.Lots of physical constants (with or without units) and properties of chemical elementCSV file import and exportCan easily be created, edited and saved to a standard XML fileFlexible – may contain simple numbers, units, or whole expressionsData sets with objects and associated properties in database-like structure
- Uses GnuplotCan plot functions or data (matrices and vectors)Ability to save plot to PNG image, postscript, etc.Several customization options
- Graphical user interfaces implemented using GTK+ 3Flexible expression entry with customizable completion, hints, and continious display of parsed expressionOptional calculate-as-you-type modeSmall and … not so small modeCalculation history which allows the user to access the text and value of and apply operations to previous expressions and resultOptional traditional calculator keypad, with quick access to most features, and a programming modePractical menus give fast access to all advanced featuresCustomizable meta modes for quickly switching between different settingsDialogs for management of and easy access to functions, variables and units (with quick conversion)User friendly dialogs for functions, with description and entries for argumentsCreate/edit functions, variables and unitsEasy editing of matrices and vectorsVarious tools for fast conversion between number bases, floating point conversion, calendar conversion, and percentage calculation, and a period tableConvenient interface to gnuplotConfigurable keyboard shortcutsAdditional text based interface with full functionalityand more…
- 系统平台：Windows Vista/7/10，Linux，Mac OS X；