Recoll finds documents based on their contents as well as their file names.
- Versions are available for Linux, MS Windows and Mac OS X.
- It can search most document formats. You may need external applications for text extraction.
- It can reach any storage place: files, archive members, email attachments, transparently handling decompression.
- One click will open the document inside a native editor or display an even quicker text preview.
- A WEB front-end with preview and download features can replace or supplement the GUI for remote use.
- The software is free on Linux, open source, and licensed under the GPL.
- Detailed features and application requirements for supported document types.